As winter approaches us, we all start to crave those hearty and comforting meals that can warm us up from the outside in. But if you’re trying to eat healthier, you don’t have to miss out! Check out these low-carb winter soup recipes that will keep you feeling cozy without derailing your diet.
1. Embrace Bowls of Comfort:
There’s no better way to stay warm this winter than with comforting bowls of warm soup! But if you’re trying to find ways to cut down on carbs, why not give these low carb options a go?
A lovely low carb winter soup choice for weight-watchers is the classic broccoli cheese. All you need is a head of broccoli, cubed cheese and chicken broth to make this flavorful and filling dish. Sprinkle some grated mature cheese on top for the perfect wintery finish.
Another winter option is the classic chicken and vegetable. Start off by sautéing some carrot, celery, spring onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil. Then add in strips of chicken and chicken broth, and let the flavors simmer together. Serve with a dollop of natural yogurt for a light yet creamy boost.
Not a fan of chicken? Fear not, for there’s still the savory cheese and mushroom. Give this soup a cheesy flavor with some grated mature cheese and cream. Then, chop up some mushrooms and onion and add to the pot of boiling broth. Add some fresh herbs and garlic for an extra savory kick.
- Broccoli Cheese
- Chicken and Vegetable
- Savory Cheese and Mushroom
With these low carb winter soup favorites, you’ll be sure to stay warm and nourished this season!
2. Simple and Warm: Low Carb Soup Recipes for the Winter
Make the winter season even more inviting with these simple and warm low carb soup recipes. These dishes are perfect for those on a keto diet and those just looking for a comforting meal.
- Traditional Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – Butternut squash is always a winner, and when it’s cooked and roasted, it tastes even better. Complement the sweetness of the roasted squash with hints of garlic and onion for a delicious and warm meal.
- Creamy Broccoli and Mushroom Soup – Mix together the earthy flavors of mushrooms, the crunchiness of broccoli, and light cream for a light meal that is sure to warm up the soul. Use some cheddar cheese for a flavorful topping.
- Clam Chowder Soup – If you’re looking for a hearty soup, you can’t go wrong with clam chowder! The combination of clams, potatoes, onions, and celery is incredibly delicious. Use cream and butter for a rich finish.
So don’t let the winter blues get in the way of you enjoying warm and creamy soups. And if you are on a keto diet, you no longer have to miss out on the delightful flavors of home-cooked soup!
3. Savor Bowls of Flavor: Low Carb Soups to Cozy Up To
Nothing feels better than a warm and deliciously-flavored, low-carb soup on a chilly day. Here are a few of our favorites that will help you cozy up and savor the flavors of winter.
Roasted Tomato Soup: This lovely soup is low-carb comfort in a bowl. Roasted tomatoes blend beautifully with herbs for a warm and delicious flavor every time. Topping this soup with some crumbled feta cheese and herbs adds extra flavor and richness, while keeping it carb-free.
Spicy Curry Soup: This soup is packed full of flavor, featuring curry, ginger, garlic, and coconut cream for the perfect mix of spicy and comforting. It can be enjoyed warm for a cozy winter’s meal, or served cold. Whatever way you choose to enjoy it, you’re sure to love this soup.
Veggie and Meatball Soup: This soup is the perfect combination of savory and comforting. Low-carb beef or turkey meatballs with classic vegetables and a herbed broth make for the perfect wintertime meal.
No matter which of these soup recipes you choose, you’re sure to warm up and savor the deliciousness. Serve with a simple chunk of crusty artisan bread for a wonderful wintertime meal.
4. Nourishing and Low Carb: Soups to Enjoy this Winter
The low carb lifestyle isn’t all about restrictions – it’s about feeling your best and filling up on all the right foods to nourish your body! Winter is a great time to explore tasty soups that will nurture you from the inside out. Here are few of our favorites that will leave you feeling satisfied without sabotaging your health goals:
1. Split Pea Soup: Make the warming flavors of split pea soup the centerpiece of your dinner. It’s delicious and so easy to make — simply cook split peas, onions, garlic, mushrooms, and celery together in broth until creamy. Don’t forget to season it with your favorite herbs and spices.
Prepare salads or grilled vegetables for the full meal that is delicious, low carb, and full of nutrition. Here are a few other variations that may make it into your recipe rotation:
- Vegetable or Cabbage Soup
- Cauliflower Chowder
- Hearty Lentil Soup
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup
These flavorful soups will keep you warm and well-nourished this winter. Getting creative with subtly low-carb soup recipes will keep you feeling great while you enjoy a comforting and fulfilling meal. So feel free to experiment and see what soups become favorites!
5. Celebrate the Season with Warm and Filling Soups Low in Carbs
As the weather gets colder and darker, there’s nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of soup. Preparing a delicious soup can be naturally low in carbs and add a little winter flavor to your meals. Not only are these soups cozy and comforting, they’ll also help you stay full and energized until your next meal.
These soups are not only an important part of the winter season, they’re also packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Here are some of our favorite seasonal soups to keep you warm and hearty during the winter months:
- Mushroom Soup: Mushroom soup is easy to make and full of rich flavor, perfect for a winter evening. Mushrooms are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and B vitamins.
- Celery Soup: Celery is a great source of Vitamin K and fiber, and is known for its ability to improve digestion and reduce inflammation. This delicious soup is easy to make and can be enjoyed all winter.
- Lentil Soup: Lentil soup is the perfect combination of high protein, low carb and delicious flavor. Lentils are rich in folate and magnesium, and can help reduce cholesterol levels.
No matter which soup you choose to make, there are plenty of options to warm up your winter season. Packed with flavor, vitamins, and comfort, these soups make a perfect addition to meals during winter or any time of the year.
6. Wrap Yourself in a Blanket of Winter Comfort with Comforting Low Carb Soups
When the temperature drops, there’s nothing more satisfying than wrapping yourself in a cozy blanket and enjoying a warm bowl of soup. A great option for those who are following a low carb diet is a comforting vegetable soup that will warm and nourish the soul. Pack it with winter vegetables like cabbage, turnips and kale and enjoy the aroma and flavor that warms your home and your stomach.
Warm up sharing a comforting soup with the family gathered around the table. Add in lean protein such as chicken, turkey or fish, along with some herbs and spices and allow it to simmer for an hour or two allowing those exquisite flavors to meld into one. Let the aroma of the soup fill your home and warm both your mind and soul.
Finally, if you are looking for comfort foods that are good for you and have slow carbs added in for fiber try adding lentils, split peas, chickpeas and navy beans, all great additions that will fill you up without compromising on taste.
- Chicken, Turkey, Fish
- Herbs and Spices
- Split Peas
- Navy Beans
As the days get shorter and the temperature drops, there’s nothing more comforting than a bowl of low-carb winter soup. Whether you’re a seasoned soup lover or a novice newcomer to the soup game, these delicious recipes will surely put a unique twist on your winter meal plans. Add a splash of creativity and stay warm this winter season!